The length of a holiday arrangement is calculated in days. Arrival and departure dates are included, counting as full days. The times mentioned in your final travel documentation for your travel arrangements are the applicable times.
Structural or incidental modifications to timetables may influence the course and length of your holiday. Paladares Travel is not responsible for any damages resulting from delays, cancellations or changes to transportation or accommodation arrangements that are booked by the traveler him- or herself.
The traveler is required to comply with all instructions of Paladares Travel or the Paladares Travel representative or its service provider in order to facilitate a proper realization of the holiday. The traveler is responsible for any damages caused by his/her illegal or otherwise improper actions, to be judged by the standard of conduct of a sensible traveler (taking into account the type and purpose of the holiday).
If a traveler causes nuisance or inconvenience which hampers to a large extent the realization of the holiday, then he/she may be excluded from the holiday by Paladares Travel or the Paladares Travel representative or service provider. All ensuing costs shall be borne by the traveler, in case and to the extent he/she can be blamed for the consequences of the nuisance or inconvenience.
Cancellation of the holiday contract by the traveler must be done in writing by registered mail. The date of receipt of the request for cancellation counts as date of notification of the cancellation. When cancelling a contract, the traveler is obliged to pay Paladares Travel the following cancellation charges:
• up to 6 weeks prior to the start date of the holiday (exclusive of the commencement date of the holiday): 30% of the price of the holiday;
• from 6 weeks up to 4 weeks prior to the start date of the holiday (exclusive of the start date of the holiday): 60% of the price of the holiday;
• from 4 weeks up to 1 day prior to start date of the holiday: 90% of the price of the holiday;
• On the commencement date of the holiday 100% of the price of the holiday. This amount will be raised with possible additional communication charges.
The deposit of the price already paid shall be offset against the applicable cancellation charges.
A traveler unable to participate in a holiday can be substituted by another suitable person, provided the following conditions are met:
• the condition of this other person causes no impediment to participate in the holiday;
• the suppliers involved in the realization of the holiday do not oppose the substitution;
• a written declaration is received from the substitute, acknowledging he/she has noted the holiday program, the information proved by the tour operator, and the general conditions;
• the substitute complies with all conditions attached to the holiday contract;
• Paladares Travel and its suppliers will be reimbursed for any additional cost made for the substitution;
• the request (inclusive of all necessary information and documentation) is submitted not later than 7 days prior to commencement date of the holiday.
The traveler and the person substituting him/her are liable jointly and severally towards the tour operator for payment of the invoice outstanding in the name of the traveler at the moment of the transfer of the booking and for the possible cost of the substitution.
Should the holiday in whole or in part be outsourced to a third party, being another Dutch tour operator, foreign tour operator, independent tour operator, or accommodation provider, then the cancellation conditions of such third party shall in the first place apply to the relevant holiday or part thereof. If applicable Paladares Travel will further inform you.
Paladares Travel is responsible for a proper performance of its obligations ensuing from the holiday contract. Generally known facts in relation to the travel destination need to be taken into account in connection with such performance. The customs, technology levels and the limitations and the standard practices stemming from the holiday destination and the type of holidays offered by Paladares Travel should also be taken into account for the performance of the holiday contract. Paladares Travel is not liable for damages as a result of:
- shortcomings in the performance of the holiday contract due to circumstances attributable to the traveler;
- acts or omissions of third parties who are not connected with the performance of the holiday contract;
- circumstances which are not attributable to Paladares Travel or its suppliers;
- circumstances which by virtue of the law or the general applicable standards are not applicable to Paladares Travel or its suppliers.
Furthermore, Paladares Travel shall not be liable for:
- damages for which customary insurance, like travel insurance, luggage insurance, household insurance, health insurance, or trip cancelation insurance normally provides coverage;
- damages the traveler suffers in connection with the exercise of a profession or occupation (including damages arising from missed connections or delays in arriving on time at the place of destination);
- any form of consequential damage;
- damages arising from an act or omittance from a supplier engaged by Paladares Travel (without detracting from the travelers possible right to hold such supplier liable);
- damage arising from omissions or errors in journalistic publications, texts, photograph’s, brochures and other information material, in so far as these are published under the responsibility of third parties;
- damages in respect of which it has been stated earlier in these conditions that Paladares Travel is not liable.
Through taking part in the holiday, the traveler certifies to be aware of the normal risks in connection with the type of holiday in which he /she is participating, and certifies to accept these risks and to safeguard Paladares Travel from any liability in this regard.
In the event Paladares Travel would be liable for a lack of holiday enjoyment, then our liability to you for damages suffered can never by higher than the price for the holiday.
The Dutch text of the General Conditions prevails, the English translation is for information purposes.