Conclusion of a contract
The prices are based on charges, exchange rates, levies and taxes known to Paladares Travel at the time of publication. If changes occur after publication of the price but before the conclusion of the contract, then Paladares Travel will inform the traveler before the contract is concluded, and the price for the holiday will be adjusted accordingly.
In the event any external charges, levies or taxes are imposed on any component of a holiday after the holiday contract has come into existence, Paladares Travel reserves the right to invoice theses charges, levies or taxes (or modifications to these) to the traveler.
Lenght of stay
Structural or incidental modifications to timetables may influence the course and length of your holiday. Paladares Travel is not responsible for any damages resulting from delays, cancellations or changes to transportation or accommodation arrangements that are booked by the traveler him- or herself.
Paladares Travel requires that you supply your personal details which may be relevant for the realization of the holiday. This includes both physical or mental disabilities as well as other circumstances which may be relevant for a proper realization of your holiday for you or for the other travellers within the group.
The balance is payable in full no later than 8 weeks before the commencement date. Should a contract be concluded within 8 weeks of the commencement date, then the price is immediately payable in full.
If the traveler has not complied with his/her financial obligations in a timely manner, he/she will be charged an interest at a rate of 1% per month in respect of the amount due, calculated per month or part of the month. Furthermore the traveler shall be obliged to pay collection fees amounting to 15% of the amount claimed, with a minimum of EUR 50.
Booking on behalf of multiple travelers
Paladares Travel is not liable in case the traveler cannot participate in the holiday or parts thereof as a result of inadequate travel documents (even if the information was provided by or on behalf of Paladares Travel), or in case the traveler omits to bring along the necessary documents.
Paladares Travel is not liable for any loss, theft, damage or disappearance of any baggage, travel documentation or travel documents.
Minimum number of participants
As a rule, the minimum number of participants will be mentioned within the description of the holiday on the Paladares Travel website.
Customer service and quality control
If the shortcoming was not resolved to your satisfaction and gives rise to a complaint, you must notify the Paladares Travel representative in writing as soon as possible. If the complaint was not resolved satisfactorily, then you must write to us within one month after the end of the holiday. Paladares Travel cannot take group complaints into consideration.
If it appears that you omitted to notify the error or omission on site during your holiday in order to allow Paladares Travel to take remedial steps, then you may have foregone or limited your entitlement to compensation.
Paladares Travel is not liable for any damage as a result of the traveler having omitted to take out such insurance, or as a result of the traveler being unable to take out such insurance. It is recommended to take out cancellation insurance.
If a traveler causes nuisance or inconvenience which hampers to a large extent the realization of the holiday, then he/she may be excluded from the holiday by Paladares Travel or the Paladares Travel representative or service provider. All ensuing costs shall be borne by the traveler, in case and to the extent he/she can be blamed for the consequences of the nuisance or inconvenience.
Alterations by the traveler
The alteration fee shall be EUR 50 (excl. VAT) per booking confirmation per alteration, plus any possible additional charges (including communication costs).
Cancellation by the traveler
Cancellation of the holiday contract by the traveler must be done in writing by registered mail. The date of receipt of the request for cancellation counts as date of notification of the cancellation. When cancelling a contract, the traveler is obliged to pay Paladares Travel the following cancellation charges:
- up to 6 weeks prior to the start date of the holiday (exclusive of the commencement date of the holiday): 30% of the price of the holiday;
- from 6 weeks up to 4 weeks prior to the start date of the holiday (exclusive of the start date of the holiday): 60% of the price of the holiday;
- from 4 weeks up to 1 day prior to start date of the holiday: 90% of the price of the holiday;
- On the commencement date of the holiday 100% of the price of the holiday. This amount will be raised with possible additional communication charges.
The deposit of the price already paid shall be offset against the applicable cancellation charges.
A traveler unable to participate in a holiday can be substituted by another suitable person, provided the following conditions are met:
- the condition of this other person causes no impediment to participate in the holiday;
- the suppliers involved in the realization of the holiday do not oppose the substitution;
- a written declaration is received from the substitute, acknowledging he/she has noted the holiday program, the information proved by the tour operator, and the general conditions;
- the substitute complies with all conditions attached to the holiday contract;
- Paladares Travel and its suppliers will be reimbursed for any additional cost made for the substitution;
- the request (inclusive of all necessary information and documentation) is submitted not later than 7 days prior to commencement date of the holiday.
The traveler and the person substituting him/her are liable jointly and severally towards the tour operator for payment of the invoice outstanding in the name of the traveler at the moment of the transfer of the booking and for the possible cost of the substitution.
Application of other cancellation conditions
Alterations by Paladares Travel
The traveler can only reject the alteration if no reasonable alternative is available or if the modification causes considerable inconveniences. Said alterations will not have consequences for the holiday price, unless otherwise agreed, nor will the travelers have a claim for damages against Paladares Travel or its suppliers on these grounds.
Cancellation by Paladares Travel
For the purposes hereof force majeure includes but shall not be limited to political unrest, war, natural disasters, shortages, general strikes. When determining force majeure, local circumstances at the holiday destination related to the holiday contract must be taken into consideration.
Tour Operator Liability
Paladares Travel is responsible for a proper performance of its obligations ensuing from the holiday contract. Generally known facts in relation to the travel destination need to be taken into account in connection with such performance. The customs, technology levels and the limitations and the standard practices stemming from the holiday destination and the type of holidays offered by Paladares Travel should also be taken into account for the performance of the holiday contract. Paladares Travel is not liable for damages as a result of:
- shortcomings in the performance of the holiday contract due to circumstances attributable to the traveler;
- acts or omissions of third parties who are not connected with the performance of the holiday contract;
- circumstances which are not attributable to Paladares Travel or its suppliers;
- circumstances which by virtue of the law or the general applicable standards are not applicable to Paladares Travel or its suppliers.
Furthermore, Paladares Travel shall not be liable for:
- damages for which customary insurance, like travel insurance, luggage insurance, household insurance, health insurance, or trip cancelation insurance normally provides coverage;
- damages the traveler suffers in connection with the exercise of a profession or occupation (including damages arising from missed connections or delays in arriving on time at the place of destination);
- any form of consequential damage;
- damages arising from an act or omittance from a supplier engaged by Paladares Travel (without detracting from the travelers possible right to hold such supplier liable);
- damage arising from omissions or errors in journalistic publications, texts, photograph’s, brochures and other information material, in so far as these are published under the responsibility of third parties;
- damages in respect of which it has been stated earlier in these conditions that Paladares Travel is not liable.
Through taking part in the holiday, the traveler certifies to be aware of the normal risks in connection with the type of holiday in which he /she is participating, and certifies to accept these risks and to safeguard Paladares Travel from any liability in this regard.
In the event Paladares Travel would be liable for a lack of holiday enjoyment, then our liability to you for damages suffered can never by higher than the price for the holiday.
Law and jurisdiction
Dutch law is applicable to all disputes between Paladares Travel and the traveler.
Solely a Dutch judge is authorized to be noted of these disputes.